Community News and Events
We love our Katy community and we are committed to being involved and giving back. From supporting local charities and schools, to scholarships and public health education classes, ER Katy is always looking for new ways to offer support and education to our neighbors.
Check out what we are up to and if you would like to partner with ERKaty on a community project, contact us at (281) 395-9900. We would love to hear what you are working on!
ERKaty proudly provides Medical Assistance and Support for the following Charity Races:
- Kingsland Baptist Just Run 10k/5k/Family 1 mile. Race benefiting Kingsland Baptist’s local and international justice initiatives.
- St. John’s XXIII College Preparatory 10k/5k/KidsK Run: Race proceeds fund tuition assistance programs.
- Katy Rotary Firethorne Triathlon: Benefitting the Katy Rotary which gives back to the community through college scholarships, and by providing essential health, recreation and educational services to Katy ISD students.
To say thank you to some of our local heros we host appreciation breakfasts and luncheons throughout the year for some of Katy’s hardest working educators and first responders.
- Katy Fire Department
- Katy Police Department
- Wollman Elementary Teachers
- Wood Creek Elementary Teachers
- Rylander Elementary Teachers
- Wood Creek Jr High Teachers
- Huggins Elementary Teachers
ER Katy is committed to helping our military veterans through contributions to the following organizations:
ER Katy also serves the community through special educational health and wellness programs such as:
- Teddy Bear Clinics: This fun filled event is very popular with families. It allows children to visit the clinic with their favorite stuffed animal and learn how medical tests and procedures are performed.
- CPR classes for parents and care providers.
- CPR on the Go: quarterly CPR classes brought to local Katy communities such as:
- Cross Creek Ranch
- Cane Island
ERKaty is a proud Partner in Education with the Katy ISD.
Through our ER Katy Future Medical Students Shadowing Program, high school students from Cinco Ranch, Tompkins and Katy High Schools participate in an extensive and educational shadowing program on-site at ERKaty. They learn first-hand ER treatments from our nurses, doctors and imaging technicians.
When we aren’t providing education or medical assistance to community events we also practice community giving. Some of our community giving benefited organizations such as:
- Katy Bears “Dream Ball” Football Team
- Cinco Ranch Ladies Club Christmas Luncheon to benefit Hope Impacts
- Katy Project Prom
- Howl-A-Palooza at Wood Creek Jr High
- Griffin Elementary
- Davidson Elementary
- Tays Jr High
- Katy High School Band
- Tompkins High School Band
- Elite Volleyball
- Adrenaline Tumble and Cheer
- Tiger Swim
Annual ER Katy Summer Safety Celebration
Fun for everyone! Learn how to protect your family this summer with Child ID Kits, and fire safety demos at our annual Summer Safety Celebration! Enjoy a day of music, games, face painting, two huge water slides, and much more!
Spirit of Katy Art Scholarship
If you’ve ever walked into our ER you’ve seen that art lines our walls in every direction. It’s high time we feature some local artists for everyone to enjoy! We know that there are talented artists living within our local Katy high schools and we want to showcase three amazing works of art. Pencil, pen, acrylic, watercolor, you name it we want to see it and we will pay $250 for first place, $150 for second place, and $75 for third place. Connect with us on Facebook to stay updated on our next sponsored contest.
Newsletter Sign Up
I was very pleased with their hospitality and the way they treated me as a patient. The facility is very nice and made feel right at home. The receptionist, nurse, and the ER doctor were awesome. I have no doubt in my mind that if I need to go to an ER room, that it will be this facility.. good place….good people!